Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Mind and The Heart

The Mind: Romans 12:2 "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

The Mind: The mind is something very powerful that we can use for to glorify God or it can be used for our flesh where we will start thinking about things not of God.
God has been showing me just how important it is for me to keep praying and reading Gods Words. I realize that when my mind is not all there and is off wondering about all the "what if's" in my life that I lose out on blessings from God. How easy it is to start thinking about "if I just did this or that and or what should I do in the future" and we miss out on what God has for us right now.
I will admit that serving God has not been easy for me because I start to think about my own needs and wants instead of having my mind on what God has done and is doing in my life. This "renewing of the mind" is by getting into Gods Word. By getting your mind on what God says instead about what the World says. It is to be active in Gods Words. We start renewing by digging deep into His Word and not just a once a month or once a week thing but to be reading His Word daily. I have missed out on a lot of blessing from God here in Iwakuni because my mind was not on God but the world. By that I mean there are times when I start thinking about the times when I have failed instead of how God saved me when I have failed, thinking about that I'm not good enough instead of reading His Word and remembering He calls me His child, and when I start thinking about what the future may hold for me like......."what should I do next, and or who am I going to marry" instead of just falling in love with God NOW.
I pray that you all start really "renewing your mind" in Christ. May He be your first thought when you get up, be your thoughts during the day and your last thought before you fall asleep.

The Heart: Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

When I think of that heart I think of something so beautiful and so amazing. God has called us to have a heart that pure and willing to do His will. We can do two things with our heart. One is that we can give our heart away to the world by giving into our fleshly desires instead of desires guided by God. Second choice is giving our heart to God. Letting Him protect our heart from the World. Now that doesn't mean that we will never have get a broken heart. We will experience heartache because we live in a fallen world and the kind of LOVE that God has called us to is a love that has put our whole heart out there. I know that I have made bad choices in life because I would "follow my heart" and its fleshly desires instead of praying and searching Gods heart and have Him guide my heart to what He will do. I love that God says we are to trust Him will all of our heart and not lean on our own understanding. I mean think about it...how many times have you gotten your heart broken and beat up because you acted on your own understanding of something instead of really asking and seeking God on whatever you were experiencing. I can't tell you how many times when I was younger I would give my heart to a girl because I felt like "I loved her" and my heart was going crazy over the girls I liked. I acted on my feeling, my passion, my fleshly desire and gave my heart to so many girls instead of giving it to God and seeking God on how to purse a relationship with a girl. When we really give God our whole heart He does really protect it. He does really care for our heart and wants the best for our us. Our God is crazy in love with us so why is it so hard to give all of our heart to Him but yet it is so easy to give our whole heart to someone that we might be dating, seeing and or just like? We might not even know that person well but because our we "so in love" with them we just give them our whole heart not think about it.
I want to encourage you all to hold onto the words of Solomon "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." How important that is that we are to guard our heart and give all of it to God. We need to give our heart to the One who made our heart instead of someone or something that might seem so right at the time but at the end it is just an empty promises.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever thought about questioning his holiness as a sign of weakness or as a sign of faith?

    ReplyDelete